It all starts with the intake interview
Which goals are set, where are we now and how are we going to reach those goals. A roadmap is needed. The journey starts with the results of today and it won’t stop when the set goals are reached. It’s an continuous proces
Personnel is the biggest capital on the larger pig farms. Without staff nothing gets done. But personnel doesn’t always get the attention it deserves. To properly capture how to make the farm function and produce better, we need to start with staff
During a farm visit with the intention of taking stock of the current situation, I always keep in mind the following:
- The pigs
- The basic conditions (water, climate, hygiene and feed)
- The employees
How do the employees see the day to day operation?
- Do they have the same goals and do they share they same vision when it comes to how to get there?
- Are they happy in the work environment? Things like workpressure, level of knowledge and personal development oppertunities.
- How do we deal with that?
We aim to have the goals set by the farm owner, to be the goals of the employees. We need to hear what staff has to say, what the limiting factors are: in short picking up signals. Motivation is worth a lot, because happy employees just do better. In this thought we take it one level higher: we’re going into the optimization process. The starting point lies in having taken stock of the current situation and setting goals
PigConsult does the following in this optimization process:
- Bringing structure in tasks by making a clear and functional work planning.
- Education will be meeting demands, depending on the needs of staff und the current situation.
- Creating plan of action.