We just described the current situation (as is), taking stock if you will. Now the goals can be set and just as important: communicated. What goals make sense, considering the current ‘as is’-situation. We need take make absolutely clear which course we are going to set out. These goals need to be integrated in a plan of action:
These goals need to be integrated in a plan of action:
- Which technical results do we want to improve?
- What numbers are we striving for?
- What needs to be changed in order to achieve these goals?
- What is needed (hardware/labour etc.) What do we need to change in our current working process?
- Who is going to implement these changes?
- Who does what exactly, and when?
- What goals are to be achieved as a result of these changes, how does this translate into profit increase?
- As all actions need to be time limited: when is the deadline?